The introduction of the new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, which offers interactive, AI-powered support across business tasks, is among the enhancements we’re announcing today for our portfolio of business products.
Nearly 9 out of 10 workers, according to our most recent poll on business trends, expect AI to eliminate repetitive chores from their professions. Organizations may equip their staff with AI solutions designed for sales, service, marketing, operational, and supply chain roles with the help of Dynamics 365 Copilot. Everyone can spend more time on the most rewarding aspects of their professions and less time on tedious ones thanks to these AI skills.
Customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems have long been mission-critical customer and business data sources; however, they frequently require burdensome tasks like manual data entry, content generation and notetaking. Dynamics 365 Copilot takes advantage of recent advancements in generative AI to automate these tedious tasks and unlock the full creativity of the workforce. Dynamics 365 Copilot puts CRM and ERP to work for business users to accelerate their pace of innovation and improve business outcomes in every line of business:
- Copilot in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Viva Sales helps sellers dramatically reduce the time they spend on clerical tasks. AI helps write email responses to customers and can even create an email summary of a Teams meeting in Outlook. The meeting summary pulls in details from the seller’s CRM such as product and pricing information, as well as insights from the recorded Teams call. With sellers spending as much as 66% of their day checking and responding to emails, this presents a significant business upside to give the seller more time with their customers.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Service empowers agents to deliver exceptional customer care. Dynamics 365 Copilot drafts contextual answers to queries in both chat and email, in addition to providing an interactive chat experience over knowledge bases and case history so this AI-powered expertise is always available to answer questions. We’re also making it easier for customer service departments to build virtual agents in minutes with conversation boosters in Power Virtual Agents, which harnesses the power of Azure OpenAI Service and Bing to provide answers from company websites and internal knowledge bases that you choose.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights and Dynamics 365 Marketing empowers marketers to simplify their workflow in data exploration, audience segmentation and content creation.
- With Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights, marketers can curate highly personalized and targeted customer segments by having a dialogue with their customer data platform using natural language. Marketers can receive suggestions about additional segments that may not have been previously considered. This new capability can handle complex calculations and match customers that fit a select profile.
- Using Copilot in Dynamics 365 Marketing, marketers can describe their customer segment in their own words to create a target segment with the query assist feature. Marketers can also use Dynamics 365 Copilot to effortlessly get inspiration for fresh email campaign content based on a simple request. Copilot makes suggestions based on key topics entered by the marketer, the organization’s existing marketing emails, as well as from a range of internet sources to increase the relevance of generated ideas.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Business Central streamlines the creation of product listings for online commerce. Product attributes such as color, material and size can be used to create compelling product descriptions for online storefronts in seconds. The descriptions can be further tailored by choosing tone of voice, format and length. Business Central customers using Shopify can seamlessly publish the products with descriptions to their Shopify store in just a few clicks.
- Lastly, Copilot in Microsoft Supply Chain Center, which Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management customers can access, will proactively flag external issues such as weather, financials and geography that may impact key supply chain processes. Predictive insights then surface impacted orders across materials, inventory, carrier, distribution network and more. Supply chain planners can then automatically draft an email generated by Dynamics 365 Copilot to alert impacted partners and mitigate potential disruptions before they happen.
The next era of business applications is being transformed by generative AI. Users will increasingly expect their CRM and ERP applications to include AI-powered expertise. Dynamics 365 Copilot brings the latest AI breakthroughs to every line of business, improving customer experience, employee experience and operational efficiency. Essential to our approach as we bring these latest advancements to customers is our commitment to responsible AI by design – our framework for the safe deployment of AI technologies.
Today’s announcement builds on recent AI momentum across Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and the Power Platform. This includes: the next generation of AI capabilities in Microsot Teams, the collaboration platform for work with more than 280 million monthly active users; Viva Sales, which helps sellers by bringing a sales copilot to their flow of work in Microsoft 365; and Power Apps, enabling citizen developers to write code using natural language.
You can read more about today’s AI announcements from Emily He, CVP, Business Applications and Platform here. Join us on March 16 as we share the next step in our journey to reinvent productivity with AI. You can RSVP for the event on the Microsoft LinkedIn page.