Back in July, Microsoft Teams got a new Together mode as part of a big update for the communication service. However, the new mode was in preview and then only available on specific platforms. Now, Microsoft says the new Microsoft Teams Together mode is landing on Android.
Available for all Teams users on Google’s platform, Together mode is bundled with a wider update for the app.
With Together mode, Microsoft wants team members and meeting participants to appear as if they are in the same location. It is a small touch, but a nice one for organizations that value a uniform output.
By using AI segmentation, Microsoft Teams can place meeting participants within a shared background. The idea behind this is to make it look more like participants are in the same room together. Microsoft Teams is getting Together Mode in preview from today, with a general release penciled for August.
Elsewhere in the latest Android update, Teams is also getting picture-in-picture and natural language searches for messages. Below is the full changelog for the new update:
- “Search the way you talk. Natural language support when searching for messages.
- Spelling suggestions for search terms that might be spelled incorrectly.
- Caller ID for voicemail messages.
- Use the operating system PiP when in calls and meetings.
- View up to 49 participants in a meeting with ‘Together mode’ and large gallery mode.
- View spotlighted participants in a meeting.”
Microsoft Teams for Android is available from the Google Play Store here with the new features above included.