Step by step installation of SharePoint 2013 with Sql Server 2012 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (part 5)
In my previous blog, I have show you to install Prerequisite tools for SharePoint 2013. In this blog, I’m going to walk you through the Installation of SharePoint 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
SharePoint 2013 Installation Series:
- Part 1 – Step by step Installation of Windows Server 2012 R2
- Part 2 – Step by step installation of Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Part 3 – Step by step installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Part 4 – Install and troubleshoot Online/Offline prerequisites issues for SharePoint 2013
- Part 5 – Step by step installation of SharePoint 2013 with Sql Server 2012 on Windows Server 2012 R2
Note : If you wish to see how to install SharePoint 2016 then please check my step by step guide to installing SharePoint 2016.
Kindly follow below mentioned steps to install SharePoint 2013
1. You need to log in as SharePoint Administrator (SP_Admin) user in your Windows Server 2012 R2
2. Go to the Directory, there you have your SharePoint 2013 Installation files and run setup.exe file as Run as Administrator
3. you will be prompted with User Account Control Window, Click on Yes button to continue
4. In the Enter you product Key screen, you have to enter a valid SharePoint 2013 Server product Key. Click on Continuebutton to continue
5. The following Read the Microsoft Software License Terms screen has license terms. Kindly read carefully and check the I accept the terms of this agreement Check Box. Click on Continue button
6. On the Choose a file location page, accept the default settings and click Install Now.
7. The following screen will prepare the necessary files for Installation of SharePoint 2013.
8. The following Installation Progress screen shows Installation progress. It might take little time to complete.
9. Once, Installation is completed, you will get Run Configuration Wizard to complete the installation. you can check the Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard now Check Box. If you want to continue with configuration of SharePoint products. Click on Close button to continue
10. On the Welcome to SharePoint Products screen, Click on Next button to continue
11. You will be prompted for start or reset the Services during Configuration. Click on Yes button to continue
12. On the Connect to a server farm screen, Select the Create a new server farm radio button
13. In the next screen, you have to provide set the below mentioned fields to complete the configuration
- Databaseserver – Instance name of your SQL Server 2012 R2
- Database Name – Database of the SQL Server
- Username – Domain user (SP_Farm)
- Password – based on your choice
Click on Next button to continue
14. On the Specify Farm Security Settings screen, you need to provide the password to secure the configuration data.
15. On the following screen, you can setup the port number and the security settings for your site. Click on Next button to continue
16. On the Completing the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard screen, Click on Next button to complete the configuration
17. Once, configuration completes, you should be able to see the Successful message on the screen. Click on Finishbutton
18. Now, you should be able to configure your site through your default browser. Also, if you want to take part in Microsoft Improvement program. you can select the right option of your choice here. Click on OK button to continue
19. You will be landed to Welcome page of SharePoint Farm configuration. Click on Start the Wizard button to configure
20. On the Services screen, you can configure new Service Accounts to operate SharePoint.
21. Now, you will get a progress screen with “Working on it” Message
22. Once, you service account is done. You can create a site collection in SharePoint 2013. you need to enter the site name of your choice
23. you will be received successful message on completion in below mentioned scree.
24. The following screen might keep you waiting until your site is loaded on UI.
25. Now, you should be able to see your very first site in SharePoint 2013.
From here, you can start exploring SharePoint 2013. Wish you all the best !!